Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Article from the Virginian Pilot Online: VA House approves reducing SOL tests, other reforms

Check out this article that I saw in the paper this morning about reducing SOL tests to only reading and math for third graders for the 2014-2015 school year.  The article also talks about fifth graders  skipping the writing SOL.

 http://hamptonroads.com/2014/02/va-house-approves-reducing-sol-tests-other-reforms

What do you think about this?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Typical teacher life...we are going to reduce the amount of testing and since we already feel you don't do enough we are going to add another week of work on? I'm sure that won't come with a salary increase or a change in pay because somehow those days will equal half days or something of that sort. So a win-lose we have less testing and since you need more time...we are going to throw in a week! I agree that less testing is a win but removing science and social studies. I can only think that history will surely repeat itself especially if we aren't teaching it. For me and my school which is a math, science, and technology academy this will be an interesting change. 8-(